Fall is all about cooler weather, changing leaves and most importantly Pumpkin flavored everything! The pumpkin craze is sweeping the nation and more items every day are featuring a limited-time-only pumpkin flavor! So what better way to spend a Fall Saturday morning than with some homemade Pumpkin Spice flavored pancakes!
What you’ll need:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 2 teaspoons of baking powder
• 1 teaspoons of baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground ginger
• ½ teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 egg
• 1 ½ cups milk
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1. Combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl, and whisk together for two minutes to aerate.
2. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, egg, milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix in the flour mixture, and stir just until moistened. (Do not overmix)
3. Coat skillet with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium heat
4. Pour batter into skillet ¼ cup at a time and cook the pancakes until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
Recipe found at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/219167/chef-johns-pumpkin-pancakes/